Serving our community for over 40 years.
The doctors at Gisborne Medical Centre privately bill. Doctor consultation fees are payable in full at the time of consultation by cash, EFTPOS, or credit card. Consultation fees are charged depending on a number of factors, including length of consultation and complexity of services provided.
If you have a Medicare Card, Medicare will refund you a proportion of your appointment fee (Medicare rebate), and the remaining amount will be your out-of-pocket cost. Medicare rebates are available for most medical services and can be deposited into your savings or cheque account at the time of payment if you have a savings or cheque card with you. Alternatively, your Medicare rebate will be transmitted directly to Medicare, where the rebate will be reimbursed to your nominated bank.
- Doctors bulk bill their patients (except on weekends), who are children 15 years of age and under, and patients with a Blue Pensioner Concession card.
- For patients with a Health Care Concession card, the doctors standard fee is discounted by $10, except for Uber Driver Medicals and After-Hours Call Out fees.
- Adolescent patients aged between 16 and 18 years of age attending without a parent or career are bulk billed at the discretion of the doctor. Please discuss this with your GP during your consultation.
- Doctors will bulk bill applicable Health Assessments and Chronic Disease Management Plans; however, these assessments are not available on the weekend.
- For surgical procedures, doctors charge $100 out-of-pocket fee to private patients, and a discounted out-of-pocket fee of $50 to patients with a Blue Pensioner Concession Card.
Please note, GP bulk billing services are not available on the weekends.
In addition to consultation fees, a materials fee will be charged for all dressings, materials used in procedures, contraceptives, and certain vaccines. The materials fee applies to all patients (including concession cardholders).
Patients with financial difficulties should speak with reception staff prior to an appointment, either in person or via telephone.
Please click here for a list of the GP consultation fees.