Serving our community for over 40 years.
Dr Ruba Jaber
Dr Ruba Jaber started in General Practice in 2005 and worked in primary care in Jordan for over 13 years. In 2013, Dr Jaber was appointed a Family Medicine Consultant and Associate Professor at the University of Jordan and Jordan University Hospital.
Dr Jaber relocated to Australia in 2021 and has continued her work as a General Practitioner focusing on patient-centred care. Dr Jaber provides a whole-patient approach, focusing on the social, psychological and pathological aspects of treating her patients. She likes to give advice and educate her patients about prevention for the individual's overall well-being.
Dr Jaber is experienced in all aspects of General Practice but has a special interest in women's health, including antenatal care and postnatal care of mother and baby, contraception and birth control (including IUD insertion and removal), fertility and family planning, menopause, children's health, chronic disease management, preventative medicine and health checks, and minor surgery.
In her spare time, Ruba enjoys reading and walking.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Clinical Fellowship in Women and Child's Health (Monash University)
- Higher Specialisation in Family Medicine (University of Jordan)
- Jordanian Board of Family Medicine
- Acne treatment
- Asthma care
- Antenatal care and post-natal care of mother and baby
- Behavioural disorders
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Children's health
- Chronic disease management
- Contraception and birth control
- Diabetes care
- Family care
- Fertility and family planning
- Metabolic diseases
- Minor surgery, including skin lesion excision
- Pre-employment medicals
- Preventative medicine/ health checks
- Skin surgery (excisions / tag removal)
- Workers compensation
- IUD insertion and removal