Serving our community for over 40 years.
Dr Peter Bakhoum
Dr Peter Bakhoum completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) in 2017 and started in General Practice in 2018. He completed two years as a Hospital Medical Officer at Latrobe Regional Hospital in Traralgon, followed by five years in General Practice at Gap Road Medical Centre in Sunbury.
Dr Bakhoum enjoys establishing long-term relationships with his patients and providing education and treatment for various medical services. His special interests include adolescent and young adult medicine, antenatal care and postnatal care, contraception and birth control, including Implanon, anxiety and depression, acne treatment, children's health, chronic disease management, diabetes care, men's health, preventative medicine and health checks, and minor surgery including skin lesion excision.
In his spare time, Peter enjoys playing table tennis and soccer.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- AMC certificate, Australian Medical Council, Australia, 2017
- Adolescent and young adult medicine
- Antenatal care and postnatal care
- Asthma care
- Anxiety and depression
- Acne treatment
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Children's health
- Chronic disease management
- Contraception and birth control, including Implanon
- Diabetes care
- Men's health
- Metabolic diseases
- Minor surgery, including skin lesion excision
- Preventative medicine and health checks